Retention & Expansion
Business First! is a customer-oriented approach to economic development designed to link your business to helpful business resources in the community. The goal of the program is to provide a single point of contact for all of your business needs. An Outreach Specialist, a professional in the economic development community, will learn more about your business and help to identify area resources to help you succeed in today’s competitive environment.
The first step is a one-on-one visit with your Outreach Specialist. There you can discuss your operations, your needs and your plans for the future. We then review your firm’s information and match your needs with the appropriate resources and individuals within the Business First! team.
Tools for Business Success
Tools for Business Success are FREE. Explore over 1500 links to key information from federal, Ohio, Dayton Region, and best-of-the-web sources. Find ideas on growing your Dayton business, finding financing, managing employees, marketing, and much more. There are entire sections on starting a business in Ohio, government requirements, operating a company, and security.
Contact Business First!
In a 30 to 45 minute meeting with a professional Business First! Outreach Specialist, we can discuss what your firm does, what your concerns are, and how Tipp City and Business First! can help your organization succeed and grow! Just call 937-667-6305 to schedule a visit with one of our trained Outreach Specialists.
Business First! Facts
- Business First! has grown in membership from 14 to 23 jurisdictions in the Greater Dayton Region.
- Business First! Regional Resource Partner membership has grown from 34 members to approximately 59 Regional Resource Partners to serve regional businesses.
- Approximately 2000 business visitations have occurred since the inception of BusinessFirst!
- Businesses have received assistance in workforce training and recruitment, exporting, strategic and business planning, e-commerce, financing and more.
- The Business First! Team has been instrumental in helping the following companies to stay and grow in the region: IMI Norgren, Smiths Aerospace, SK Tech, Paxar, Dayton-Phoenix, Inc., Moto Photo, ConSpan Bridge Systems, Appleton, LORD Corporation and more.