I am retired. Do I have to pay tax?

Social Security income and pension income are not taxable at the local level; however, as a resident of Tipp City, you are still required to file an annual return. If you are retired but receive other types of income such as part-time wages or rental income, you are required to file a return and pay the tax on that income. In some circumstances retired residents can become exempt from filing annual returns. Please contact the tax office to see if you meet the eligibility requirements.

Show All Answers

1. I am a college student and live away from Tipp City while attending school. Do I have to file a return?
2. I am retired. Do I have to pay tax?
3. I am under the age of 18, but am working. Do I have to file a return?
4. I have only lived in Tipp City for a few months. What do I have to do?
5. I live in Tipp City and work in Dayton. Do I get a refund?
6. I live in Tipp City, but my employer does not withhold city tax. Can I pay all of my Tipp City tax when I file my return?
7. What documents do I have to attach to my return?
8. What is the Tipp City tax rate?
9. When is my Tipp City tax return due?
10. Who is required to file a Tipp City tax return?