Dye Mill Road Compost Facility
With the closure of BR Mulch, the City of Tipp City has an agreement with the City of Troy for the use of their Dye Mill Rd Compost Facility. This facility is now available for all City of Tipp City residents. The compost facility accepts compost materials including grass, brush, leaves, and garden refuse (excluding fruit) and non-compost materials such as rocks, bricks, and concrete. The Compost Facility is owned by the City of Troy, and a local contractor periodically grinds all the compostable materials received at the facility.
Residents are encouraged to use this facility for large yard waste items that are not acceptable for disposal at the curb. The City hopes residents find this partnership with the City of Troy useful and appreciates the City of Troy for this agreement.
The Facility is open from March to November. The Compost Facility is closed on the following holidays: Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and the Friday after Thanksgiving.
The use of the Compost Facility is free of charge for Troy & Tipp City residents; proof of residency may be required. Below is a complete list of acceptable and prohibited materials.
• Garden waste / vines / plants (No fruits or vegetables)
• Masonry / concrete block
• Non-dumping trucks and trailers
• Non-painted concrete yard figures
• Trees and limbs
• Wood chips
• Commercial Dumping
• Commingled yard waste (with solid waste)
• Concrete with re-bar or any foreign material attached
• Construction and demolition debris (Except for the clean untreated wood)
• Containerized bulk liquids
• Dead animals
• Food of any kind
• Hazardous waste
• Infectious waste
• Landscaping timbers and plastic edging
• Painted concrete, brick, and block
• Painted lumber and pallets
• Plant pots
• Solid Waste